Crow Fair 2012
|The Annual Crow Fair Celebration it is one of the largest gatherings of the year for the Apsáalooke Nation and is considered the largest modern day American Indian encampment in the Nation. Deemed the "Teepee Capital of the World" because of the approximately 1,200 to 1,500 teepees in the encampment during the one week of celebration that the Crow Fair is happening.|
There are many cultural activities that take place throughout the days of this great celebration.
* The evening pow-wow grand-entries provides the beauty of all Tribes in attendance, the different dance styles, and the many other cultural activities that happen during a pow-wow.
* A daily parade takes place in the morning showing traditional bead work, buckskin and leather work, all made especially for the purpose of showing the best each family has to offer.
* This celebration also offers an INFR sanctioned All-Indian rodeo. This shows the best Indian-Cowboys in the western United States and their outstanding abilities. There is Pari-mutuel Horse Racing daily as well as the very popular Indian-Relay horse races. This shows the best in Indian horsemanship from throughout Indian country.
* There is Pari-mutuel Horse Racing daily as well as the very popular Indian-Relay horse races. This shows the best in Indian horsemanship from throughout Indian country.
* At the close of the celebration is the "Dance-Through-Camp" or more commonly known as the "Parade Dance" takes place. This is based on the spiritual belief-ways of the Apsáalooke people and is meant as a prayer for good things for the people of our Crow Tribe, for our future camps, and for the coming year.
As the many visitors come from all over the United States, Canada, and other parts of the world, we the Apsáalooke Nation do cordially invite all of you, as well, to attend our annual celebration and we welcome you to become a part of our large and extended family.
The Rodeo and Racing will start at 1:00 PM daily Thursday - Sunday
The Parade will start at 10:00 AM daily Friday - Sunday
The Pow-wow will start at 6:00 PM daily Thursday - Sunday
The Teepee Creepers Run/Walk:
Registration at 6:30 AM south end of the dance arbor
Race/Walk starts at 7:30 AM
More info contact -
Wayne Not Afraid - 406-679-1085 --- cell
Dean Bird - 406-860-1440 --- cell
Richard Old Coyote - Rodeo Manager
Linda Bull Tail and Kenny Shane - Racing Commissioners
406 638-3906 - or - 406 638-2408 --- for Linda
406 620-3136 --- for Kenny
Rhonda Rides Horse - Parade Manager
Contact - 406 699-3015 --- cell
Season and Hours of Operation:
8/15/2012 - 8/20/2012
Hours: 9:00am - 12:00am Parade starts at 10:00am parade, the rodeo and pow-wow begins at 1:00pm, and another pow-wow at 7:00pm.
PO Box 159
Crow Agency, MT 59022
|Phone: 406-679-3825||Website: Click Here|
|Crow Agency is located 60 miles south of Billings off of I-90.|
|Dates: 08-16-2012 - 08-20-2012 |