Whether you have a few hours or several days in Billings, be sure to make the most of your time! Here is a list of some of Billings’ Must See attractions so you know what you absolutely should not miss. There is something for everyone in Billings, Montana’s Trailhead.
- Beartooth Highway
- This scenic pass, just west of Red Lodge, Montana is open Memorial Day through Labor Day, weather permitting, and is the most beautiful gateway to Yellowstone Park (125 miles).
- Chief Plenty Coups State Park
- Visit Chief Plenty Coups' home and learn about native culture, history and legacy. I-90, exit 447 at Pryor.
- Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument
- Take in history on the grounds where it took place; where the Sioux and Cheyenne battled Custer and the U.S. Army’s 7th Cavalry in one of the last efforts to preserve the native way of life. Near Crow Agency, on I-90, exit 510.
- Moss Mansion Historical House
- The story of one of Billings' oldest families and how Billings was built. The stunning home was designed by renowned architect Henry Janeway Hardenburgh and was constructed in 1903. Located at 914 Division Street, downtown Billings.
- Pictograph Caves
- Evidence of habitation dating back 4500 years! Three caves and a fantastic interpretive center open year round. I-90 to exit 452, then 6 miles south. 3401 Coburn Rd.
- Pompeys Pillar
- Some of the only remaining physical evidence of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, plus breathtaking views of the Yellowstone River Valley and a terrific interpretive center. East on I-94 (28 miles).
- Western Heritage Center
- An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, this museum has the interactive history of Billings and the region. It is housed in one of our city’s oldest buildings, the original Parmly Billings Memorial Library. Located at 2822 Montana Ave., downtown Billings.
- Yellowstone Kelly's Grave & Boothill Cemetery
- History on Kelly Mountain overlooking the city. Find the grave site as you walk, bike or drive the scenic and historic Black Otter Trail and check out Boothill Cemetery just off Airport Road.
Download Swords Park Trail Map
- Yellowstone River
- The longest free flowing river in the lower 48 states and a beautiful place to enjoy. Take a leisurely walk or cast in a line - either way the river cannot be missed! Scenic drive along the Rimrock Bluffs: Drive highway 3 from east to west and take in the forever views that makeup Billings from 500 feet above.